Mactivity 是美國 Sonnet Technologies 在香港區唯一授權代理，產品包括各款配合 Mac 使用的優質 Thunderbolt 周邊及網絡設備，並提供完善售後服務，歡迎查詢。
eGFX Breakaway Box 550 (eGPU Expansion System)
Connect a Demanding Graphics or PCIe Card to a Thunderbolt 3 Mac or PC
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway™ Boxes are a family of Thunderbolt™ 3 to PCIe card expansion solutions that support any Thunderbolt compatible PCIe card, but are designed specifically for bandwidth-intensive AMD and NVIDIA® graphic video cards. The eGFX Breakaway Box 550 includes two 8-pin (6+2 pin) auxiliary power connectors and supports cards requiring 375W of power (equivalent to 600W recommended system power) – more than enough capability to support nearly every compatible GPU card, with the exception of ones such as the AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 64, Vega Frontier Edition, WX 9100, and overclocked NVIDIA cards with extremely high peak power requirements. Depending on your OS, there's a graphics card suitable for your needs.
Ready for Work and Always Game to Play – eGFX Breakaway Box, the Coolest and Quietest eGFX Graphics Card Box on the Market
The coolest and quietest graphics card expansion systems on the market, eGFX Breakaway Boxes feature a large variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan that quietly and effectively cools the installed card – perfect for noise-sensitive environments. For professionals, the Breakaway harnesses the computational engine in today’s GPU cards that are accelerate special effects, animation, color grading, rendering, and editing. For gamers, the Breakaway Box is ideal for enabling graphic-intensive gaming on computers (such as thin/light notebooks) that otherwise would not be able to produce an acceptable gaming experience. Additionally, the eGFX Breakaway Box supports graphics cards with 120mm water block coolers. Water block coolers run quieter than active fans; plus water block coolers enable higher overclocking.
Eco-friendly Thunderbolt 3 Power Features
Thunderbolt 3 provides eco-friendly power features to help save power and energy when your computer is not in use. Sonnet's eGFX Breakaway Box, like all Thunderbolt devices, powers on when connected via a Thunderbolt cable to a live Thunderbolt computer. This features allows the Breakaway Box to power down and save energy when the computer is shut down, disconnected, or put to sleep. As a bonus, the device still provides power to charge most computers even when the computer is sleeping. Thunderbolt 3 Power Delivery (PD) allows devices to power and charge notebook computers. The eGFX Breakaway Box 550 provides 87W of upstream power, useful for quickly charging your notebook.
eGFX Breakaway Box 550: Add Your Own Choice of Graphics Cards Acceleration
Sonnet's Breakaway Boxes boost the graphics performance of an eGFX-compatible computer by connecting a high-performance desktop GPU card via a Thunderbolt 3 port. Add your choice of compatible graphics card to the Breakaway Box and connect to your computer with a Thunderbolt cable. Alternatively, if you need a cost-effective Thunderbolt expansion system for a Thunderbolt-compatible, non-GPU PCIe card (such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX [power adapter cable sold separately] or RED ROCKET-X), the Breakaway Box offers all the space and power you could possibly need for single PCIe card expansion.
eGFX Breakaway Box 550 Key Features:
- Power Supply: 550 power supply (equivalent to 600W recommended system power)
- Power Connector: Two 8-pin (6+2 pin) power connectors
- Card Power Support: Supports up to 375W card
- Notebook Charging: Charging up to 87W
All eGFX Breakaway Boxes Include:
- One x16 PCIe 3.0 slot with support for one full-length, full-height, double-width PCIe card (occupied with a bundled graphics card in some editions)
- One Thunderbolt 3 port
- Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) interface – ensures full 2750 MBs/ of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card (see product page Tech Note 2 for details on limitations)
- Quiet, temperature-controlled fan
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Eco-friendly power features
- Thunderbolt certified
- 2-year warranty
Mac and Windows Compatibility
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports and macOS® 10.13.4+
- Details for official macOS 10.13.4 eGPU support can be found here
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and macOS 10.12.6+ (eGPUs not supported by Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt Macs)
- NVIDIA drivers do not currently support eGPUs
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port
- GPU card use requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition, Version 1709 or greater)
Computer notebook and displays shown for illustrative purposes; not included.
Learn More About How Much Power External GPU Cards Really Need
Learn How eGFX Breakaway Box Powers On, Charges Notebooks, and Sleeps